Is anybody else a little bit obsessed with watching Vogue’s “73 Questions” on YouTube? I think the first of these videos I watched featured Kendall Jenner and I loved the rapid-fire interview style. I’m now subscribed to Vogue’s channel and look forward to new uploads. It’s a fun way of getting to know more about the lives and preferences of some of the most fashionable celebrities. And, when I discovered a ‘blogger edition’ through @simplyemstweets on Twitter, I thought I’d give it a go and give readers the opportunity to get to know the girl behind Blonde Sartorial. Strap yourselves in kids. It’s going to be a long one.
1. What is your usual Starbucks order?
A tall skinny chai tea latte. Make it grande if I’m planning on sitting in to get work done, either for my blog, uni or other pursuits.
2. What does your work station look like?
A table near a power outlet in Starbucks. On it? My Macbook, iPhone, CGD London planner, a chai latte,
3. Favourite food?
Lasagne followed by biscotti from C
4. Favourite author?
Donna Tartt. Read The Secret History and tell me it’s not the greatest book. I dare you.
5. What do you think about open relationships?
6. What is your favourite video game?
I don’t know. I’ve never been into video games. I’ll have to say The Sims because it’s the only one I’ve ever played.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Chocolate fudge cake. Not the greatest thing considering my egg intolerance but some things are worth it.
8. Favourite movie?
Clueless, the undeniable source of my obsession with plaid.
9. Favourite book?
See question 4.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram. I think Twitter’s a great platform for blog promotion but there also seems to be a lot of bitchiness and trolling and I’m not really here for that.
11. Desktop or laptop?
12. Best advice you have ever received?
Follow your heart. No matter the outcome, you’ll know you’ve been true to yourself and that’s not something you’ll ever regret.
13. What project are you working on right now?
Primarily Blonde Sartorial. I’m also getting everything together ready to move back to Manchester next month and into my new flat.
14. Favourite colour?
To look at? Pink. To wear? Black.
15. Did you get good grades at school?
Surprisingly, yes. Considering my 60% attendance record and lack of interest in most subjects, it was a miracle that I left with all As.
16. Dream job?
Anything that revolves around writing, whether that be blogging full time, journalism or copywriting.
17. Play any sports?
I’m an incredibly mediocre skier. On the other hand, my ability to drink champagne at après is outstanding.
18. Do you have a degree?
Not yet, although I’m starting my final year studying for my bachelors degree in English Language at the University of Manchester next month so there’s not too long to wait. I also have a Certificate of Higher Education in History of Art.
20. What is your favourite kind of blog posts?
Fashion. Obviously. Specifically ones that give an insight into the blogger’s personal style and relationship with fashion.
21. What do you like to collect?
Copies of Vogue, teddy bears and handbags that put me in my overdraft.
22. Describe yourself in three words.
Pale, obsessive, tired.
23. If you were a rapper, what would your stage name be?
24. Who was the last person you DMd?
My ex… It’s not like that though. We’re good friends.
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
The Prada 55 Chelsea boots.
26. Sorting house?
Slytherin, for sure.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
None. I have commitment issues.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
My mum. She’s just an all-round incredible person and I couldn’t live without her.
29. What’s the best thing that happened to you this month?
I started Blonde Sartorial and am loving the direction it’s going in at the moment.
30. What’s the best thing to happen to you today?
I had the best vegan Victoria sponge cake at a local cafe called Megafauna.
31. What is the best thing ever?
Chocolate covered frozen bananas on a hot day at Disney World.
32. Favourite season?
33. Favourite holiday?
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
Carrie Bradshaw. I’m a writer (who’s admittedly had work published about her sex life), obsessed with shoes and on the search for my own Mr Big.
35. Do you like surprises?
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
A Mulberry Alexa satchel for Christmas when I was 20.
37. Which surprise made you cry?
38. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever given someone?
Pass. I’m not into surprises.
39. Do you like muffins?
Yes. Who doesn’t?
40. Do you cook often?
Not at all. It’s without a doubt my least favourite thing to do. I much prefer to eat out and Deliveroo is one of my most used apps.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
Laudurée macarons. I always pick up a box when I’m near Covent Garden in London. Otherwise, I’m pretty much always down for a McFlurry.
42. Is there any dessert you don’t like?
I’m not a huge fan of coffee flavoured desserts.
43. Cake or pie?
Cake. No question.
44. What’s your least favourite food?
Red onion, sprouts, mayonnaise, plain chicken, cottage cheese, lamb, cherries, coffee, celery, radish, sour cream, pickles… I’m kind of a fussy eater.
45. What is your favourite condiment?
46. It’s 4am on a Saturday morning. What are you eating?
Pizza. Chips. Fried chicken. Burger. Anything I can my hands on.
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
How to Spend All Your Money on Things You Don’t Need Then Sell Your Soul on eBay to Pay for Them 101.
48. Best animated film?
Toy Story 1-4.
49. What has a guy said or done to impress you?
I don’t tend to take notice unless I’m interested in them. Although, a guy once said I was beautiful – rather than just fit or hot – and I really appreciated it.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
I’m a big fan of the classic dinner and drinks combo. Anything where you can talk and really get to know each other is the best way to go.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Anything that shows a lack of care or effort is a big turn-off. Being late, being generally rude, acting like
52. What’s the best pick up line?
“Hi. You’re really beautiful.” It’s simple and cuts right to the chase. It shows you’re willing to put yourself out there and compliments always feel good for the recipient. A guy once used it on me and I still smile thinking about it when he pops up on my Facebook newsfeed.
53. Best comic book character?
54. Name three things that can always be found in your bag?
iPhone, debit card, lip balm.
55. Favourite drink?
Anything fruity that makes me feel like I’m on a tropical island.
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie, who would it be?
Anne Boleyn. That girl really shook things up.
57. Kittens or puppies?
Kittens. I have two 20-year-old British Shorthairs who are cuter than any puppy you could ever put in front of me.
58. Favourite sushi roll?
Prawn nigiri. Simple and delicious.
59. What lipstick do you use?
Generation G by Glossier. It’s a sheer matte lipstick that adapts to your skin tone for a beautifully natural effect. I have it in Cake, Crush, Like and Zip. It looks particularly great with the brand’s clear lip gloss coating it.
60. What foundation do you use?
I bloody hate foundation. I often go bare with just a little bit of concealer over any blemishes. If I’m going to wear any base, it’s always Laura Mercier’s tinted moisturiser in Cameo.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
Air dry. I’ve got a hell of a lot of hair and am far too lazy to spend time blowdrying it. I also don’t like hair that looks too over-styled.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
There’s so many! Audrey Hepburn. Cher from Clueless. Carrie Bradshaw. 90s supermodels. From the blogging world, Leandra Medine of Man Repeller is iconic. I also love Devon Lee Carlson and Marina Ilic. And, Karl Lagerfeld’s work for Chanel and Fendi provide a legacy that’ll last forever.
63. Favourite Disney character?
Sleeping Beauty. I have a condition called myalgic encephalomyelitis (or chronic fatigue syndrome), which causes extreme fatigue, amongst other symptoms. It causes me to sleep for up to 12 hours per night as well as nap frequently throughout the day. My nickname in my family is therefore Sleeping Beauty. Very appropriate, don’t you think?
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
I have an appointment with my therapist.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
We’re the Millers
66. Movie that made you cry?
Toy Story 4. I cried so hard I had to go to the bathroom and lock myself in a toilet stall until I calmed down.
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
68. If your life was a song, what would the title be?
“Is it too early to go to bed?”
69. What is your favourite animal?
Elephants. They’re peaceful, wise, majestic and just wonderful.
70. Favourite illustrator?
@daisybernardart. She used to be my editor at an online publication I wrote for. She’s incredibly talented and has had her work featured in Elle and Refinery29.
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with?
72. What country would you like to visit?
Japan during cherry blossom season. I’ve travelled to the USA and around Europe frequently and would love to go somewhere further afield.
73. Best way to decompress?
Taking baths in my favourite lavender bath oil by Kiehl’s, going for long walks to clear my mind and watching Sex and the City reruns.